Monday 18 January 2010

Juggling work and the election campaign

All candidates have a day job. I am learning to balance an election campaign with mine- that of full time motherhood where the hours are 24 /7. My stamina is improving for writing blog posts at midnight when our two up two down is finally quiet or phoning the world at 2pm in the afternoon when my toddler is allowed to watch some telly  and the baby has dosed off. Door to door campaigning will happen in the evening or at weekends when voters are at home and my husband can look after the children. One thing is for sure, my kids are not suffering for the sake of the campaign but I am resigned to the fact I may be in the running for the award for the most chronically sleep deprived political candidate by the time the election comes about!