Monday 18 January 2010

An admission of bad blogging


I received my election pack and read it over Christmas taking in advice from the party as the best way to run a parliamentary campaign. The advice on blogs was update it regularly or it would reflect badly. They have a point.
I was hoping to start this blog in October. Then chaos loomed in November and December – the usual life dramas that tend to happen all at once. We moved house. I was heavily pregnant. My father in law had 5 minor stokes. I had a baby. My baby developed a life threatening condition and we spent too many days and nights in hospital willing him to get better. I know, it reads like a script from Eastenders.
I am starting this blog today in the new year with numerous short postings to update you about our campaign in Gateshead , my thoughts on recent political events and why it might be a good idea to vote Conservative in the coming general election. I hope its contents will be transparent and informative and I look forward to hearing from you!