Monday 18 January 2010

Get Carter, Get a Move On!


It’s coming up to Christmas and as I am doing my shopping in Tesco in Gateshead, I have some questions. I have not got the answers yet. Maybe you can help?!
‘What is that multi-storey car park in the centre of Gateshead still doing there? ‘
‘It’s coming down!’ I hear you cry.
‘Well not fast enough’, is my response.
We have had ten years of growth in this country before the recession. Still we have not made great progress on the development on the city centre of Gateshead. Let us be frank here, it does need some serious rehabilitation to attract business, investment and visitors.
I am well aware of the progress in residential areas that has been made and that is to be commended. However, I do believe there is a real question as to why the council has not been able to work effectively with a big business such as Tesco to move the central redevelopment on. It is essential for Gateshead. In the new year I hope to gain a clearer understanding of this delay for the sake of the constituents. Do get in touch if you can help!